Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Halloween table


Welcome once again to another diy!

Today we will be making candle sticks, cake display, and floral centerpiece. All of which cost me $8.76 to make! Hollaaaaaa!!

I'm a Pinterest junkie and when I saw these Dollar store candles, I knew I HAD to make them! I did mine on the cheap (yes, cheaper then the dollar store!) because the dollar store didn't have the candle holders lol. So here's how to make mine:
  • Candles- $0.20
  • Candle holders- $1.18 for two
  • Paint- FREE from my craft corner!

As you can see my candlesticks were oddly colored so i had to paint them. I bought these at goodwill btw. 


I was going to paint the holders but I think I like them as is. Gives them character ;)


The cake stand, also Pinterest inspired. There are tonsssss of tutorials on different ones but this is mine:
               *plate $0.79
               *candle holder $0.59

(Bought from goodwill as well)

I was also going to paint these but once again I dig them as is. So next all you do is glue! I used E6000. Why? I don't know just didn't wanna plug in my glue gun and I know it's a good glue lol. I did however put a my organizer aka my binder on top to secure the hold till it dried.

See^^ lol


Floral centerpiece, I always have something of this sort on my table and last years was cute but BASIC. This year I stepped it up a notch but kept it simple.

             ~vase $1.00
             ~flowers $2.00
             ~purple and orange things? (If you know the real name good for you) $2.00
             ~spider ribbon $1.00
             ~hay lookin stuff..(again good for you if you know the real name lol) FREE from craft corner.
             It was left overs from my mason jar floral arrangement I currently have on the table for summer.

(Don't mind those skeletons I'm not sure what to do with them yet lol)

I put the hay stuff in and the flowers came with cute spiders so I put them in there as well. It looks super creepy! To me anyways lol. Then I arranged the flowers and purple and orange things. And when I say arranged I mean I threw them in there. I'm no florist. And I like to let my hands be free and do whatever feels best to them. That's art people. Embrace it!

If you have a black cat nearby get their approval on anything halloween related. Max approves.

Finally add ribbon with a cute bow and done!!



(Tablecloth from Joann's was $4.99, I just bought it right before I took this picture teehee☺️)

Don't mind those pumpkins I'm still unsure what to do with them but I had nothing else to put on the stand at the moment. Those are from the dollar store, but I did not include them in the total cost because they are from last year. My kids colored faces on them.. Anywho, special thanks to my little sister Claire for taking weird pics of her eye on my iPad! And shout out to my mom for the birthday money she sent which I used for these items 😊 money well spent if you ask me! Hope you all enjoyed my little tutorial! Happy crafting! 

Xoxo,
Susan.




No comments:

Post a Comment